Author Topic: When is "resolve" used?  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
When is "resolve" used?
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:38:08 PM »
Just another question that has bugged me for a while, the rules say that resolve is used in individual morale checks.  I've never quite understood when an individual morale check is made though.  From what I can tell resolve would be added to LD if the model is under the effects of dire or if he is firing into close combat containing his own troops.  I'm just wondering if I have that correct and if so are there any other instances when resolve comes into play?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: When is "resolve" used?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:33:04 PM »
Resolve is used any time a Morale Check is made.  For example:  If a Dragoon Sergeant attempts to Rally his squad from a state of Panic, his LD roll is given a +2 modifier for Resolve: 2.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 09:57:54 PM »
Wow, ask a simple question, get a simple answer.  I've been over complicating it for myself the entire time.  Thanks again.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 01:19:14 AM »
Resolve does not extand to underlings!

Resolve models affect only themselfes: UWZ P79

Just want to mention that..  because I read the rule yesterday. Why is Resove added to the effective leadership (incl. Char borrowed) and Predator senses not??
Makes the dogs very weak in their special ability... also cybertronic.. (less bad).

Cuīs

Aldrien
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:24:31 AM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 06:54:27 AM »
Resolve only effects Morale rolls and all instances of what is a morale roll is covered on pages 65 and 66 from 11.1 to 11.4.3
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 12:24:10 PM »
The book is pretty clear on this issue.

Resolve(p.79)
A model with Resolve may add his level to his effective leadership when making moral [sic] tests of a personal nature. This bonus does not extend to troops under the model's command, or to leadership tests not realted to moral [sic].

Inspiration (p.75)
Leaders with this ability may add their level of Inspiration to the effective LD value for both themselves and friendly models within their command radius.