Author Topic: Southern Exposure  (Read 11264 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Southern Exposure
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 11:23:02 AM »
Hey Thom, don't forget the Blood totem. :)

I almost forgot!

"Show us where on the Blood Totem that the Commanding Presence touched you."
                        ....this led to 10 minitues of non stop laughter....2hrs after it was said. Talk about  a joke grenade!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 06:01:47 PM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 04:49:20 AM »
Glad everyone enjoyed it.  Once we find a place that's cheap, you can bet your ass we'll throw down.  Somewhere equally inconvenient for all to drive to, or if not, free accomodations (couches and pullout beds), free beer, and cheap eats! 

I deliberately went for the carnage this time, so as not to ape Bill Refslands objectives from the last Chronopia event he ran.  They were cool, but I'm looking for other angles.  Next time the boards are going to be crazy, and I hope to spring the "Triple Blind Deployment" battle on some of you.  Mwahahahahaha--(masherking would be so proud of my new and improved evil laugh). 

I'm still nursing the hangover from Dalton's birthday Saturday after the con, which is why we rolled around 7:00 or so.  I think if we go to that con again, I'll negotiate the price down, or find another place.  That's some bargaining power, eh? 

We've got nothing but options, and the coolest cast of characters playing in any event.  Stay tuned for further developments. 

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 09:20:25 AM »
Con was def a blast. though floored by the 40 for sat.
I know at the last con I was the only one there for the Chrono on sunday and they had no idea who was running it and nothing was set up so I was out about 110 for room i go for the night before.
Dex did nothing to remedy situation except past blame through Excelsior for losing the game. and then said that the person who runs it didnt know they wre running it..

but anyway.

josh need to get a rematch from last game. My FB vs your Dwarves. Would have loved to play ya. Still had a great time.

JP

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 10:46:38 AM »
Sounds great! I would really like to see Warzone at a convention again.

That aint not happen though, because I know the local convention manager.

There is the "Spiele Messe Essen", wich is huge... there I met my first contact with Cronopia.
Did not start it... but it took me to Warzone...  :P

today this is over... so

Could you please post some pics? that would be very interesting/exiting!

Cu

Aldrien

p.s. the messe is there still, and very good
http://www.merz-verlag.com/spiel/index.php4
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 12:01:26 PM »
I'll try and bring them to the office tomorrow.  I've been recovering from the weekend.  As for the tournament, I expressly told them that I was running the show on Saturday only.  The whole point was to get the maximum number of players for one game done right, than try to have two games done half-assed.  I hope I was clear when I threw this hoedown together what was going on.

I did not realize they would screw everyone out of 40 U.S. dollars to attend for just the day.  That should be remedied.  I'll politely tell the Double Exposure staff that it was too steep, and if they don't want to work with us, I can just as readily find a firehouse or VFW hall, with beer, and snacks, and tell them to wave bye-bye to the fourteen who showed up for our party.

If anyone had any problems with my running the show and how it turned out, please pm me and let me know, or politely make suggestions here.  For my first time out, I thought it went reasonably well, and a good time was had by all.  I'm hoping to organize another event, and any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 12:05:38 PM »
I know at the last con I was the only one there for the Chrono on sunday and they had no idea who was running it and nothing was set up so I was out about 110 for room i go for the night before.
Dex did nothing to remedy situation except past blame through Excelsior for losing the game. and then said that the person who runs it didnt know they wre running it..

but anyway.

josh need to get a rematch from last game. My FB vs your Dwarves. Would have loved to play ya. Still had a great time.

JP

You know I fought Thom on a one on one. That means your next on my list JP.
MUHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!
dont be afraid. Your loss will be quick but sadly very painfull
MUHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 12:22:46 PM »

You know I fought Thom on a one on one. That means your next on my list JP.
MUHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!
dont be afraid. Your loss will be quick but sadly very painfull
MUHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!

JP should be very familiar with quick and painful matches  ;D Especially after Decon last year. Id love to give you a rematch sometime JP when you  realise that bunkers are not trenches  ;)
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »
Everyone LOVES beatin' up on J.P. 

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 03:22:46 AM »

It's everyone's fault but theirs.  40 bucks for Saturday Only is a complete rip.... and I have no idea who on their staff came up with that one.  Someone will figure it was a mistake soon enough but untill then, I encourage writing letters/email asking why- and encourage others that went to do so too.

but anyway.

JP

JP, let me know when you and Josh get that rematch.  I wanna watch...  Btw- my Capitol troops are available to a rematch versus your Rasputins.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y