Author Topic: Southern Exposure  (Read 11265 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Southern Exposure
« on: October 01, 2006, 08:42:58 AM »
Well the con was fun even if they were robbers at the door. I met alot of the old crew, including Thom and Company. The whole event went very well. A big group hug for Josh Slater for putting things together and everyone else for comming. The best game I had was with Dave McGee, and I got to see Thom in action with Stygies vs Josh and The dirty birds(Vultures for the rest). It was good to see Thom having a good time and to see that even if the corp suits at paradox try they can't kill our game. Same to our brothers holding the Warzone line. The future is bright so hold the line.

wmeredith.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 04:23:26 PM by wmeredith »
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Southern Exposure
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 06:12:29 PM »
Thanks to josh for getting everyone together. It was a blast seeing the whole crew.
I got lucky to play one of the best games of Chronopia ever against Thom later that night.
If we are lucky he'll post the battle report himself. It was a EPIC!!! battle.
In short:
    Dark tusk (masherking)
    Stygies (Thom)
100opts
 a bloody bloody  battle.
 blood totems destorying Stygies left and right. Stygies and Dark axes hacking them selves apart. All kinds of flying and tunnleing(jazz hands :D)  Stygies came out of the wood work.

High lights:
towards the end of the battle Thom had the flying Stygies beast left.
I had a Blood totem (down to 1 wound) 5 dark axes and Dark tusk raider. The flyer was flying high and doing range attacks and with me with no range attacks I was at his mercy...or was
I. Thom moves towards the totem, still flying high at this point, totem had enough of this, grabs a dark axe and hurls them at the flyer!!! first one does a wound, the 2nd one misses. The flyer finally kills the totem.  At which point 3 axes and a raider was at it mercy. But in a  move that floored thom they spit up. 3 axes go left and jump though a window into a building. the raider goes right and runs though a doorway to another building!!!!
Thom at this point SWEARS this is not over. The flyer goes right and starts tear down the building!!! the raider runs out before it collapses. flyer gives chance and just before the raider makes it to the other building the flyer sweeps down and kills it with Thom in graphic detail and glee  tells me what horror the 3 axes see though window.
                                        At this point its now on.
The 3 axes see this and flip out they run to the roof of the building and taunt the Flyer with great insults...something of about gator skin luggage ;D.  The flyer amazed at how much work it is to kill dark axes has had enough and sweeps in to hand to hand. Now we roll to see who goes first Thom= 13   Masherking=13  a tie !!! the attacks all happen at once!!
Dark axes roll and their attacks kill the flyer, the flyer rolls 2 dwarves dead 1 left the flyers last attack roll.....HE KILLS THE LAST DARK AXE.
A PREFECT TIE GAME!!! everyone in both armies is dead!!!!

the best game of chronopia EVER!!!! 
dare anyone to top this.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 03:55:23 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 06:55:20 PM »
My GAWD man what were two smoking before that? Total wipe out whoo- that rocks.  This makes me dearly hope that we see good things from Thom and crew.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 08:01:52 PM »
        Damn Masher that sounds like a helluva good time.  I can't wait to hear from everybody else.  Glad to hear weverybody had a good time. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:41:29 AM »
        Damn Masher that sounds like a helluva good time.  I can't wait to hear from everybody else.  Glad to hear weverybody had a good time. 

As am I!!

Very cool sounding game... and much better than my First Born ever did against him.  I really need to get a game in soon.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 05:54:24 AM »
Sadly I missed that one!  I want to thank everyone for attending the event, especially Thom and Phil (dragon62) for helping me and my inept mathematics skills at the scoring, which, by the way, was amazingly not worried about by all concerned.  Everyone just wanted to play and have fun, and my impression was that everyone did.  Turnout was higher than expected, and my plan is to continue, as long as you'll have me.

Special shoutout to Dalton Pownell for bringing all that terrain so we wouldn't have to rely on (use the same old stuff) the con people, who by the way, will be getting a thanks on their forum. 

I was displeased that they were charging 40$ at the door.  I thought it would be like the cons up in north Jersey and they'd get 25$ for the day.  We may be renting a hall next time guys.  Other than that, the day was a great time.  It was nice to see everyone, and Thom has a list of emails for his future plans. 

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 08:20:07 AM »
Sadly I missed that one!  I want to thank everyone for attending the event, especially Thom and Phil (dragon62) for helping me and my inept mathematics skills at the scoring, which, by the way, was amazingly not worried about by all concerned.  Everyone just wanted to play and have fun, and my impression was that everyone did.  Turnout was higher than expected, and my plan is to continue, as long as you'll have me.

Special shoutout to Dalton Pownell for bringing all that terrain so we wouldn't have to rely on (use the same old stuff) the con people, who by the way, will be getting a thanks on their forum. 

I was displeased that they were charging 40$ at the door.  I thought it would be like the cons up in north Jersey and they'd get 25$ for the day.  We may be renting a hall next time guys.  Other than that, the day was a great time.  It was nice to see everyone, and Thom has a list of emails for his future plans. 

Cheers.

40 at the door?  For Weekend or for Saturday?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 08:56:26 AM »

Just Saturday. If it was'nt for the crew that showed up to play and the Great game with Thom  it wouldnt be worth it for just a saturday.

I might suggest if we all meet at cons it might pay to look into other ones.
I went to betacon once. Its a small con but from what I saw a decent amout of people and their was games to play. also I dont remember paying nearly as much at the door.  Hey all we need is a cheap place to roll dice and push pewter.

I also really like the idea of renting space from a firehouse or some such.
I was at a one day miniature event years ago were they did this and it was very kool. everyone got  a great day of gaming and it was nice and cheap....it was also a block from where I lived with bar just around the corner  ;D

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 09:44:59 AM »

Just Saturday. If it was'nt for the crew that showed up to play and the Great game with Thom  it wouldnt be worth it for just a saturday.

Wow... how far has DE fallen...  *shakes head*

I might suggest if we all meet at cons it might pay to look into other ones.
I went to betacon once. Its a small con but from what I saw a decent amout of people and their was games to play. also I dont remember paying nearly as much at the door.  Hey all we need is a cheap place to roll dice and push pewter.

I heard it was alright.  There is also Mepacon up in Scranton area.  THat show charges 35 at door for weekend., 25 for a saturday.  For what was charged at SE, I think for a few dollars more, folks could do a weekend up there and split cost of a room too.  70 a night at the hotel they have their show at.

35 at door +35 Share of room (less if more than two) =70 bucks  30 more than SE but for full weekend of play- or at least Friday into Saturday. :)

I also really like the idea of renting space from a firehouse or some such.
I was at a one day miniature event years ago were they did this and it was very kool. everyone got  a great day of gaming and it was nice and cheap....it was also a block from where I lived with bar just around the corner  ;D

Did that one.  It was called Warfaire.  And there was 4 of them.   Some nice gamers who valued a good time and a good selection of games ran it. 
  Steve, if you enjoyed it that much, thanks.  I enjoyed running it.  :) :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 09:49:04 AM »
I did 1 of the Warfaire's it was in a firehouse if I remember and I had a great time. It was strictly for mini players. I think Archer and Ratboy were there.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 09:50:44 AM »
Also thanks for the plug and the ass whooping my Swampies took against your Vultere Dwarfs.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 09:57:15 AM »
I did'nt know they were charging $40 at the door for the day I had pre-reg. for $40 for the whole weekend. If you guys are going to do a 1 day event at a firehouse or hall somewhere in the Jersey area just let me know so I can see if I can attend. Thanks Phil

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 10:30:44 AM »
I did'nt know they were charging $40 at the door for the day I had pre-reg. for $40 for the whole weekend. If you guys are going to do a 1 day event at a firehouse or hall somewhere in the Jersey area just let me know so I can see if I can attend. Thanks Phil

josh and thom were talking about it. I though it was great idea.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 10:34:20 AM »
  Did that one.  It was called Warfaire.  And there was 4 of them.   Some nice gamers who valued a good time and a good selection of games ran it. 
  Steve, if you enjoyed it that much, thanks.  I enjoyed running it.  :) :)

Was that you behind that...and their were 3 more damn!
Yeah I though it was great wish there was more warfaires now.

I have a feeling 1 day cons are the wave of the future.
we gamers are not as young as we use to be and much more cheap  :P

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 11:05:36 AM »
Southern Exposure was a blast!
I was on staff, so I got in for free, but 40 bucks for one day is HARSH!

Anyhoo, I enjoyed my first full games of Chronopia, using an all Warhound army.  It worked out rather well, although later I found out I can't Charge using the 1.5 movement with Run, so I would probably have gotten my butt kicked more. :)

Anyhoo, it was totally awesome, especially the 3am 4 way battle saturday night. :)

Hey Thom, don't forget the Blood totem. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba