Author Topic: Origins 2007  (Read 30180 times)

Halfbad

Re: Origins 2007
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2006, 09:50:14 PM »
I have put in to host a couple of different painting classes, and a speed painting contest with a prize.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2006, 05:01:08 AM »
Now we are cooking with gas   ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2006, 02:42:03 PM »
well, it is semi-official now...I have 2 scenarios typed up and ready to sent to our intrepid leader for inclusion in the Origins Pre-Reg book...

now I just have to decide how many times I'll run it...

B...
more to follow, I'll keep in touch (name the movie)...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2006, 07:02:23 PM »
Please don't call me intrepid leader....I'm just a small cog in the machine doing my bit. Anyone could do what I do behind the scenes - It is you guys who give up all the time to compose scenarios, test them and then work your butts off for 4 days that make Origins work.

To paraphrase Zaphod Beeblebrox's psychiatrist "Hal's just this guy ya' know"
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2006, 07:11:16 PM »
well, I just sent you the scenarios via email, so let me know what you think...I may have left off a few small details, but that's because I typed them up at about 3am while dealing with a sick little boy (my son, not me)...

and anyone that can deal with us for the 4 days of Origins qualifies as an intrepid leader in my book, since I know I can be a little iffy after dealing with unwashed heathens after the third day... ;D

B...
Please, for the benefit of humanity, here's my key and a bar of soap (and yes, i did say that to someone on the Sunday fo Origins)...

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2006, 04:59:05 AM »
To paraphrase Zaphod Beeblebrox's psychiatrist "Hal's just this guy ya' know"

Of course there's that other quote about "the best bang since the big one" but I'm not sure if anyone on this board can vouch for that.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2006, 03:08:50 PM »

Of course there's that other quote about "the best bang since the big one" but I'm not sure if anyone on this board can vouch for that.

I'm not going to touch that one...

B...
yikes...

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2006, 09:21:21 PM »
Haven't had a chance to get caught up on this thread yet but, I just wanted to check in and be accounted for.  I'll be at Origins once again looking to lead the charge towards lots of laughs, fun, and of course great gaming!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2006, 11:56:18 PM »
Rorik is correct about hotels filling up quick.  I'd get your reservations in now and if plans fall through, you can always call and cancel.  If that happens it makes other last minute gamers happy who have their names on the waiting list.  I know of at least 5 hotels that are either connected to the convention center or just one block away.  They are a bit more expensive (about $100.00 - $125.00 plus outrageous taxes per night) but as Sylvas pointed out, the convenence of being able to stumble back to your room is invaluable.

@ Top - you can use my place for storage.  I know we discussed this over the phone but I'm not certain we came to any conclusion.  You'll just have to give me a heads up so I know I need to go to the post office and retreive the goods.  BTW - I've still not found Napa Village!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2007, 04:47:31 PM »
Well... its official.

Leslie and I are attending.  Staying about 5 blocks away. :)

I'm bringing my Cartel and much-maligned First Born.  She will have my Cybers and her own FB.... provided we have them painted in time. :) ;D :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 04:59:06 PM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2007, 07:04:04 PM »

I'm bringing my Cartel and much-maligned First Born.  She will have my Cybers and her own FB.... provided we have them painted in time. :) ;D :D

well, when I'm not running any of my scenarios, I wouldn't mind getting in a few one-on-ones against some of the other people on the forum...

may have to get the Mishima and Caps filled out, and of course my Imps...

B...
bwaa ha ha...

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2007, 01:59:50 PM »
I, unfortunately, will not be able to attend Origins this year.  My Grandfather's 90th B-Day celebration is being held on the 8th.  The whole clan is going to be there ( about a 5 hour drive for me) and I would be cast out by the family if I missed it.  This is a very upsetting development for me as I was looking forward to hanging out with ya'll and hopfully kick'n the crap out of ya' at Chronopia.  I also wanted to learn this trully bizarre game known as "Warzone" , ;D, as well as attend Halfbad's painting school.    I can just not tell ya' how much I was looking forward to this. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2007, 06:19:17 PM »
well, having just had a grandmother break the century mark and the other one just turn 96, it's time like that that I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country of them and so I, for one, applaud your decision to attend your grandfather's 90th...

maybe sometime later someone from out here in cyberland can show you that strange game called "Warzone"...

B...