Author Topic: Origins 2007  (Read 30193 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Origins 2007
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2006, 09:14:27 AM »
Once we come up with I plan, I can give one of the hotels a call and try and reserve a room sometime in the next few weeks.  Hopefully It's not all booked up already. :)

Sounds like a plan.
 ***que 60's batman scene change****
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2006, 09:53:21 AM »
Will the Dynamic Duo Deliver the Defeat to the Dasterdly Dave?
Will Bauhaus' Bastard Battlesuits Beat the Battle Babys?

Tune in at Origins, the same Warzone Time, Same Warzone channel!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2006, 02:48:42 PM »
why not take the train, then cab, cab to Hotel thats 3 blocks for the con site....unless all the near by hotels are booked. I'm kinda lean to this plan myself.

I don't think that they start taking reservations for the con weekend until about Jan, but I'm not sure...I'll ask this weekend to see when  would be a good time to check...

the only downside to the hotels in downtown C-Bus is that they are pricey, but the convenience of being able to stumble in at any time from a drunken/gamered stupor is nice...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2006, 04:48:50 AM »
why not take the train, then cab, cab to Hotel thats 3 blocks for the con site....unless all the near by hotels are booked. I'm kinda lean to this plan myself.

I don't think that they start taking reservations for the con weekend until about Jan, but I'm not sure...I'll ask this weekend to see when  would be a good time to check...

the only downside to the hotels in downtown C-Bus is that they are pricey, but the convenience of being able to stumble in at any time from a drunken/gamered stupor is nice...

B...

Hopefully splitting the room with some folks would keep the price somewhat down :-\

Offline Rorik36

• Journeyman
  • Michigan Crusader
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2006, 04:54:42 AM »

Actually a couple are already full.  They seem to open reservations sometime in August now.  When I was calling around a couple already said they were full.  Good luck.
---------------------------------------------------------
Rules are only useful to tell you what your opponent won't do. - Casey and Andy

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2006, 04:57:43 AM »

Actually a couple are already full.  They seem to open reservations sometime in August now.  When I was calling around a couple already said they were full.  Good luck.

thanks for the heads up.
we might need to act quick then.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2006, 05:58:56 AM »

thanks for the heads up.
we might need to act quick then.

Indeed.  Leslie and I were thinking about Origins... but right now it a bit early to decide on such things for us.  I'll let you guys know when we figure it out the finances.  She's never been to an Origins; I have but it was teh one in Philly back in '95.

Should be fun
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2006, 07:16:31 AM »
Rooms tend to fill from the center outward. We will be reserving our rooms by 01 Dec. I suggest that everyone find room groups. Anyone going solo should put in a want ad for prospective roomies in a new thread.

I have found that 4 to a room works out best unless you wish to enjoy the comforts described by Sylvas in this thread.  ::)  Unless you plan on being romantic, two couples would work also. So far Dog of War and Halfbad are the only solos. Most of the rest of us are coming in groups.

If my ex-wife/current companion comes along I would be getting a private room or sharing with Southpaw and his wife, possibly. If so, Dog might be able to bunk in with the Boys From Illinois. If she comes she will probably go sightseeing and stuff while I am at the Con so if you have a nongaming spouse/significant other bring them along. They won't have to sit in the room all the time. Joyce even tolerates me fairly well, so I doubt if there is anyone out there she couldn't get along with.  :D

Dog - you might want to think about hooking up with us in Illinois so you don't have to drive the whole way solo. We usually split gas and parking except for the driver who gets a pass - Nine hours each way behind the wheel and using their car earns them a perk or two.

Halfbad - Still brainstorming possible solutions for you.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2006, 07:54:16 AM »
I've never done Origin's myself do to lack of funds and Dexcon the same month but if enough locals are going and i can get in on sharing a room i'll start saving my pennies now.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2006, 02:57:10 PM »

I have found that 4 to a room works out best unless you wish to enjoy the comforts described by Sylvas in this thread. 

that and having people step all over you in the middle of the night while asleep...oh and what Anthony had to deal with one of the nights...(let's just say that apparently a hairy leg still gets felt when a guy is in a deep slumber...or so the guy in question claims  ???)...

you can probably go up to 6 in a room if you make a deal to split floor time...depending on how far out from the Conv Center you stay...if you're close, I'd say just go with 4...

B...
and no, it wasn't me!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2006, 08:30:38 PM »
     @Topkick--- thanks for the info I'll keep ya' posted.  Hooking up sounds like a good idea, will get back to you on that.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2006, 08:49:31 AM »
I am tentatively planning on going this coming year.  If anyone wants to split a room, I am willing.  Though I like my own bed.  If interested email me: dkidd23-AT-yahooDOTcom

Don Kidd
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Halfbad

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2006, 09:10:48 AM »
I think dogowar and myself are going to split up a room, I am pretty sure he is bringing someone though. That would mean we have room for another, I don't want to speak for him though.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2006, 08:36:54 PM »
it looks like the Cleveland crew is getting together at least 4 Warzone scenarios, maybe more, and maybe 2 Chronopia scenarios, but that one I can't confirm yet...

I have 2 scenarios for Warzone, and John (Stalker's brother) is looking at 2 scenarios, and another guy in our group is thinking about setting 1 up, and if he can't go, then someone from here could cover it...

B...
just a teaser...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2006, 08:41:32 PM »
The Boys From Illinois are looking at  running at least 12 events - the split is currently indefinite but will cover both Warzone and Chronopia
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890