Author Topic: Origins 2007  (Read 30050 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Origins 2007
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 09:46:52 AM »
That would rock. IF I have some advance notice I will set aside a big block of time for the Ultimate Smack-a-thon. Who knows we might even get a game in.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 01:15:41 PM »
Mayhaps, the PA/NJ/DE delegation may have to show up to bring a little right-coast smackdown.  I will have to see if the wife will let me go, and then round up the boys.

If you decide to bring her let me know. I am kicking around bringing the ex-wife who is also the current girlfriend. While Archer's significant other is chastizing me unto death for my transgressions  ;)  the nongaming spouses can go explore Columbus.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Spagg

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 02:59:55 PM »
Mayhaps, the PA/NJ/DE delegation may have to show up to bring a little right-coast smackdown.  I will have to see if the wife will let me go, and then round up the boys.

If you decide to bring her let me know. I am kicking around bringing the ex-wife who is also the current girlfriend. While Archer's significant other is chastizing me unto death for my transgressions  ;)  the nongaming spouses can go explore Columbus.

Mark and I are hoping to make Origins in 2007 as well. Our wives will probably go and do the exploring Columbus option!

Hal...Hope you are doing well brother.

Scott

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 03:10:55 PM »

Sounds like a plan!  (Do we do that?)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Halfbad

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »
I don't know many people here, and I am still pretty new, but I will be attending as well. I hope to be running painting clinics. It will be nice to meet some other fans..

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 04:58:53 PM »
well, seeing as how I only live 2 hours away, I'll be there...

probably be running a few events also...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 06:39:21 PM »
     @Halfbad---Maybe we could take Topkick's suggestion and share a room.  My wife won't be going with me.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 06:55:19 PM »
just don't do what I did last year and share a room with 7 other guys...

the floor was hard, and the smell after a night of bad pizza and 64oz'ers of Mountain Dew was rough...

B...
sounded like a herd of elephants trumpeting each morning...

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 07:45:10 PM »
just don't do what I did last year and share a room with 7 other guys...

the floor was hard, and the smell after a night of bad pizza and 64oz'ers of Mountain Dew was rough...

B...
sounded like a herd of elephants trumpeting each morning...

As the Dew® settled over the carpeted den, the herd rustled from slumber.  We dared not get closer, even though their musk must surely cover our scent.  Then, a noxious emmission nearly felled us.  A beast stirred, scratching at its hind quarters as if it were possessed of an affliction.  The remnants of the hunt lie near, it carcass of dough and congealed dairy product hardening in the dimly lit cavern, sat, half-eaten.  This was the shot we'd hoped to capture - gamey gamers after gaming - truly, awe-inspiring - crikey!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 04:04:41 AM »
They are beautiful these...gamers in the mist.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 05:28:15 AM »
  :D  ;D ROTFLMAOUTRDMC  ;D  :D

Karma for both of you

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 06:54:34 AM »
They are beautiful these...gamers in the mist.

well, not so beautiful...and the mist was this haze near the ceiling that could fell a rhino...

but at least we forced people to shower...

B...

Wedge

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 07:28:03 AM »
You guys need a hobby... oh wait...  ;D

Halfbad

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 09:22:51 AM »
     @Halfbad---Maybe we could take Topkick's suggestion and share a room.  My wife won't be going with me.

Aok with me. My fiance will be on the ocean for 7 months or so, so I can take a break from the brushes and go game a little.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 11:52:34 AM »
You guys need a hobby... oh wait...  ;D

other than gaming, my hobbies include the eating, sleeping, and grooming habits of gamers...

the only downside is having to be clsoe to them on the final day of a con...

B...
please, for the betterment of society, here's my room key and a bar of soap...(anyone who was at last year's Origins will understand this)...