Author Topic: Origins 2007  (Read 30176 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Origins 2007
« on: September 20, 2006, 06:16:30 PM »
Origins will again be held on Columbus, OH on the following dates - July 5-8, 2007.

As we have for several years the Midwest Crusaders will be hosting numerous Warzone and Chronopia events.

You might be asking yourself why I am posting about Origins 10 months in advance. There are several reasons.
1) So that everyone can begin thinking about scheduling time off next year.
2) As a reminder to those of us that plan on hosting events that we have to be ready in time to make the pre-reg
3) So that those of you who plan on attending can make event and/or tournament requests
4) To invite anyone interested in submiting events to join us so that all Warzone/Chronopia events are run in the same area.

Last year there were several present and former forumites at Origins although not all of them had the time to play. They were committed to other activities as there was no Warzone/Chronopia in the pre-reg. I blame myself for that. The demise of Excelsior contributed to this failure but I make no excuses - I was tasked with getting events in and I failed. Not this year - this year there is nothing to cloud our vision and the Midwest Crusaders are united in helping me make this the best Origins ever.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
Re: Origins 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 01:19:46 PM »
Testify my brother...

B...

When do we have to get you scenario plans?...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:46:15 AM »
Do you need ideas or any terrain support?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 09:51:24 AM »
I'll have to see how far Columbus is from Philly!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 06:41:46 PM »
Do you need ideas or any terrain support?

terrain support...maybe...

have the idea...just need to flush it out...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 03:02:02 AM »
Let me know.  I can support just about anything.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 07:32:21 AM »
DexCon is in july too and i can only afford 1 con in a month.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 01:22:13 PM »
DexCon is in july too and i can only afford 1 con in a month.

Sounds familiar - I say that just about every year when asked if I am going to make Dexcon
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 07:54:13 AM »
Anyone wanting to run events for Warzone/Chronopia are encouraged to get them to me by Thanksgiving. I will be submitting events for the Midwest Crusaders as close to 01 Dec as I can. We always have a dedicated space in the Mini Hall so if you are one of us or if you want to run your events in the same area please get them to me so I can submit them as a block of events along with ours. I am hoping to have 12+ Warzone events, 8+ Chronopia events,  and maybe even a few Legions of Steel events as several forumites have expressed a desire to play LoS.

Currently I have Coldthunder's 4 events and I know I am running 4 so we have at least 8 events in the works already. Stalker has told me he is in and will get me events after he returns from the academy. I also know One King and Sylvas are developing ideas right now. Others are trying to nail down time off for the Con so 20 events should not be a problem.

So far the biggest head-ache is deciding if we travel on the 4th of July and celebrate Independence Day in Columbus or if we lose a day of gaming and drive in on Thursday. Right now we are pretty evenly split on that question.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 10:47:41 AM »
     I am seriously thinking of making this one(con).  Its a bit of a drive for me but who knows, I'm used to road trips.  I don't know if I'm qualified to run an event but I would help out any way I can.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 08:26:36 PM »
If you understand the rules you are qualified to run. Some of us who have been running at Origins were Cruaders but others ran their first Con events only a year or so ago. If you want to come then you can either submit events on your own or send them to me and I will submit them as a part of our groups. If you want them submitted as a part of the groups then I would need the events by Thanksgiving. BTW - If you run 16 hours worth of events your Judge Badge is free - or at least that is the way it has been done the last few years.

Halfbad

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 08:46:27 PM »
Topkick,

I just sent you a PM, and would love to volunteer my time and services.

I just have to find crashspace now!

It will be very keen to meet more W/C enthusiasts as well..anyone from New England want to share gas?

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 09:07:15 PM »
A hotel for the 4 days averages about 400 - 500 bucks. Get 3 other guys and it would only cost you about 100 to 125 a night and if you run 16 hrs your badge should be free. That leaves food, parking and shopping in the Dealers Room. Sounds kinda high but you got 8 months so it is possible.

Halfbad

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 09:59:44 PM »
Yah, that is doable.

nice!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 04:57:11 AM »
Mayhaps, the PA/NJ/DE delegation may have to show up to bring a little right-coast smackdown.  I will have to see if the wife will let me go, and then round up the boys.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!