Author Topic: the other games we play  (Read 27662 times)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
Re: the other games we play
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 10:32:39 AM »
Speaking of video games, I just picked up the new Splinter Cell for my lovechild (My Xbox360).

It looks peachy keen. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 10:37:37 AM »
I was looking into this game but I was told the one force I wanted to play (british desert rats) is only really playable in a certain scenario. Kinda lost my steam for it after that.   

From what I've heard, I find that difficult to believe - again, I've not played the game, and may be wrong.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2006, 10:37:54 AM »
Speaking of video games, I just picked up the new Splinter Cell for my lovechild (My Xbox360).

MY GOD MAN YOU HAVE THE 360
when was the last time you saw the sun.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »
I was looking into this game but I was told the one force I wanted to play (british desert rats) is only really playable in a certain scenario. Kinda lost my steam for it after that.   

From what I've heard, I find that difficult to believe - again, I've not played the game, and may be wrong.

there the ones that use just jeeps with mounted heavy machine guns driving around north africa shoot'n german air fields with wild abandon.
the box set for them look pretty neat

Man I had visions of taking tanks on with these crazy nutters, it would have been a slim chance of winning but fun...Oh well.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 11:03:31 AM »

MY GOD MAN YOU HAVE THE 360
when was the last time you saw the sun.

What is this sun you speak of?
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2006, 01:12:02 PM »

You know the one - that disk of light in the sky that casts glare across the screen on less than cloudy days.  Oh wait, you'd have to understand the concept of night and day, wouldn't you?  Okay, try this:  when you awake (awash in drool, Doritos dust, and game controller still in hand), part your curtains ever so slightly.  If you encounter pain, treat the "sun"burn with the coldest can of coke you can find. Then, board up those glass paned things behind the curtains to ensure it never happens again.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 03:58:06 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »

You know the one - that disk of light in the sky that casts glare across the screen on less than cloudy days.  Oh wait, you'd have to understand the concept of night and day, wouldn't you?  Okay, try this:  when awake (awsh in droll, Doritos dust, and game controllwer still in hand), part you curtains ever so slightly.  If you encounter pain, treat the "sun"burn with the coldes can of coke you can find. Then, borad up those glass paned things behind the curtains to ensure it never happens again.

LOL!!!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2006, 12:43:52 PM »

You know the one - that disk of light in the sky that casts glare across the screen on less than cloudy days.  Oh wait, you'd have to understand the concept of night and day, wouldn't you?  Okay, try this:  when awake (awsh in droll, Doritos dust, and game controllwer still in hand), part you curtains ever so slightly.  If you encounter pain, treat the "sun"burn with the coldes can of coke you can find. Then, borad up those glass paned things behind the curtains to ensure it never happens again.

Best laugh I have had this week - Please accept my humble donation of Karma  :D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2006, 01:04:06 PM »
I've tried one game of Flames of War using a friend's armies and it looks like an interesting game. I'll probably get into it some day but I cannot decide whether to play American or British.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2006, 11:55:14 PM »
Game ON!

I have been playing quite a bit of For the People lately.   I have a 7 Ages game next week. 

I am also playing a home brew Civil War game based very loosely on Axis and Allies, For the Poeple and A House Divided, with bits and pieces of other systems thrown in.   A friend of mine likes to design games. 

I just finished re-arranging my gaming are today, and now have two nice size gaming tables ready for action.   I suspect I will be setting up some of the new games I have been picking up lately for play.   The list of my Must Play Soon includes:

Paths of Glory
This Terrible Sound
Gringo - Mexican American War
Enemy at the Gates
Great Battles of Alexander
Twilight Imperium

I have been getting back into Hex and Chit wargaming over the past few months.   

My next Warzone game will be in a couple of months, after I get a few hundred more figures painted!

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2006, 09:42:38 AM »
Me and Masherking still need to get our Clan War armies up and running.

It seems like a really keen system, and I dig the setting.  Hopefully the game'll be fun too.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2006, 10:28:17 AM »
along with Clan War (oh my sweet sweet naga I finally get to play them)
It looks like we'll might be duing a little Mordheim now that blood bowl season is over ( blood bowl hooglians anyone 8))

Wedge

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2006, 12:14:35 PM »
Hmmm... so many to think of...

I GM MERPS/Rolemaster -- when newbies joined the group and couldn't handle the learning curve of the system we changed over to D&D 3.5 and set the game in the world of Middle Earth... it's working quite well.

I play a character in an Eberron Campaign.

Numerous board games like Iron Dragon, European Rails, Lunar Rails, A&A, Risk, Titan, SOTC, etc.

Also big fans of Munchkin (some of the offshoots are fun too, Supermunchkin, Munchkin-Fu, etc.)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2006, 12:34:34 PM »

Also big fans of Munchkin (some of the offshoots are fun too, Supermunchkin, Munchkin-Fu, etc.)

hated D&D but always had fun with MERPs...helps the GM knew the game inside and out   :)

Me and some old buddies of mine have lost many hours to Munchkin...wounds are still tender from all the back stabbing :P