Author Topic: Campaign Scenarios  (Read 4004 times)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Campaign Scenarios
« on: September 10, 2006, 05:10:04 AM »
I had a few scenarios written hoping to lead to an interesting campaign between the Philly area players and myself. I figured Id share them with you all and get some feedback as to how well they play. Theyve been played a couple of times but could use some other opinions as to how to improve them. I tried my hand at writing some fluff as well < I was bored>I hope you enjoy.

The Beginning

A Relaxing Day at “THE BEACH”

Ahh the infamous BEACH. The place where grunts go to train and/or die. You know the place. Extremely hot and humid. Sand everywhere. An absolutely inhospitable environment.  It’s the perfect place to see what your units are made of. Being the desert, you never know who or WHAT you will stumble across.

Terrain: The playing surface is of course desert <Level 3 or above. You can roll a 6-sider to decide>. It should be heavily populated with hills and cliffs. Vegetation should be at best sparse, ideally non-existent.

Forces: This scenario started out as Bauhaus vs. DL. However it can be modified to include any an all Corps. That being said.

One force <Bauhaus> fields 750pts. NO ELITES ARE ALLOWED <this is a GRUNT training mission>. 1 support option is allowed <normal force building criteria DO NOT apply>. 1 Max Steiner is mandatory < to make sure the training is done properly and in a timely fashion>.

Opponent <DL> fields 500pts. NO PARA DEPLOYING OR INFILTRATING OR OTHER “ADVANCE” UNITS ARE ALLOWED. Stalk, stealth and other special abilities are allowed.

OBJECTIVE:
Bauhaus: This is a “simple” cross-desert march. Using your deployment zone you must make it across the board <opposite side>. Sounds simple right? WRONG! The officer <fig> must deploy first. All other squads use deployment cards, the squad leader <center of card> must stay within 12” of the Officer. <This is after all a formation march>. Activation continues as normal until contact with the enemy. <Either through spotting or someone gets hit>. Figs are deployed < AHH FRAK WE'RE UNDER ATTACK> after contact in turn. Then normal UWZ rules apply.

Opponent: You are out on a simple recon/patrol mission. You know something is out there but you don’t know where or what. Deploying from the side of the board <no deployment cards>, the world is yours SEEK and Destroy! No template weapons can be used during the FIRST turn of spotting the enemy, after that, all bets are off!

VICTORY CONDITIONS:

Opponent: Kill everything that moves!!! With at least 50% of your force surviving.
Bauhaus: Kill everything that moves or escape <opposite side of board from where you started> with as much of your force being alive as possible. Keep Steiner alive at all costs!!! Remember, what forces survive DIRECTLY affect the next scenario.

Next scenario to follow

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 05:17:34 AM by PhillySniper »
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: Campaign Scenarios
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 05:16:29 AM »
Heres the next Scenario.

Bhalaeron!!!!!!!!

Yes, Oh insane one

I sent you on a simple mission, I even gave you my pet Behemoth and Yet you failed to capture that FRAKKEN Major Max Steiner!!!

But my Lord, They were exceptionally well-trained troops. I was lead to believe that they would be untrained, undisciplined troops. They even had a Skimmer that I wasn’t made aware of. They......

ENOUGH!!!!!

I want Steiner and I want him now!!!

Take the Ezoghoul and chase them down before they can regroup. I have located their base.

You MUST either capture or kill Steiner before reinforcements can arrive. Make sure you take enough troops with you to overwhelm them.

I will tolerate no more excuses!

I want Steiner alive or dead but I want him. If not my new behemoth needs practice with her screaming projectiles, I will see that you assist her.

Now Be gone!

Objective: Capture Max Steiner or Control the Fortress

Scenario is limited to 10 turns

Forces:
Bauhaus: The remnants of the first scenario force configured to be a legal army. Promote units as necessary and bring units up to full minimal squads as necessary

Dark Legion: 1.5 times the forces commanded by Bauhaus. Ezoghoul and Bhalaeron are required units.

Location: Level 2 Desert - Bauhaus base-stone walls with 22 armor and 5 wounds

Victory conditions:
Dark Legion-
1.Capture or Kill Max Steiner
or
2. Capture the Fortress <At the end of turn 5 and any subsequent turns, have more points in the fortress than Bauhaus>

Bauhaus- Protect Max Steiner at all costs!!! < Steiner must stay on the board! >
Prevent the Dark Legion from capturing the fortress.
Reinforcements arrive at turns 3,6 and 9
Turn 3 Bauhaus receives 250points of troops on a successful roll of 17 or greater
Turn 6 Bauhaus receives 150points of troops on a successful roll of 13 or greater
Turn 9 Bauhaus receives 300points of troops on a successful roll of 9 or greater

If Steiner is captured or killed next scenario is either a rescue mission or a revenge mission to eliminate Stahler

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 05:19:04 AM by PhillySniper »
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Campaign Scenarios
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 08:41:21 AM »
very nice.
Do post a Battle report like to see how it plays out.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful