Author Topic: Scenarios (Based off of real-world training)-VBSS  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Scenarios (Based off of real-world training)-VBSS
« on: September 04, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »
VBSS (Visit, Board, Search and Seizure)*

Essentially piracy on the high seas (in this case Veunus or Mercury)

A small unit is inserted either by helicopter, parachute, or boat on a large vessil and must detain (kill or defeat in CC in game terms) the crew and inspect the cargo for contraband (like secret corporate weapons or Dark Legion aritfacts being smuggled).

Terrain Requirements:
Something set up to look like the top decks of a ship (Can anyone say USS Flagg with some cargo containers on it?) and something for the innards (doom tiles perhaps?)

Special Rules:
Something the covers helo or boat insert. 
Attacker takes only elite units and individuals (no support but if you want grunt troops then knock yourself out)
Defender has 25% more, but they are scattered throughout the ship.

*Not to be confused with VBS which is Vacation Bible School and would be Brotherhood vs an army composed entirely of Children of Ilian
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline ezekiel

Re: Scenarios (Based off of real-world training)-VBSS
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 12:55:23 PM »
sounds cool! have you seen the new gi joe transport vehicle?! its a helocopter/verticle take off aircraft with a drop pod(box). that would be great for quick attacks,commando raids and just general deployment. oh,the limitless functions of air support!it would be a great drop vehicle for wz with a few modifications.veez,you are the king of modification! check it out and let your muse have at it!
   by the way ...vbs rocks!i was in charge of games last summer(a gamer in charge of games-imagine that!we converted the church sanctuary into a mini golf course because it was raining!) 
games workshop: the ultimate evil megacorp!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 01:11:03 PM »
VBSS (Visit, Board, Search and Seizure)*

Essentially piracy on the high seas (in this case Veunus or Mercury)

A small unit is inserted either by helicopter, parachute, or boat on a large vessil and must detain (kill or defeat in CC in game terms) the crew and inspect the cargo for contraband (like secret corporate weapons or Dark Legion aritfacts being smuggled).

Terrain Requirements:
Something set up to look like the top decks of a ship (Can anyone say USS Flagg with some cargo containers on it?) and something for the innards (doom tiles perhaps?)

Special Rules:
Something the covers helo or boat insert. 
Attacker takes only elite units and individuals (no support but if you want grunt troops then knock yourself out)
Defender has 25% more, but they are scattered throughout the ship.

*Not to be confused with VBS which is Vacation Bible School and would be Brotherhood vs an army composed entirely of Children of Ilian

that sounds kool.
please post a battle report. I like to see how this plays out.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 05:49:42 PM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:26:52 PM »
Hmmm..... The Flagg IS in Maplewood's storage room.... *sly grin*
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »
hmm - the bow and stern of the Flagg with home made modular hull sections to make a cargo or tanker ship as supplements to the Flagg. I gotta get a Flagg or at least start buying parts and eventually end up with the whole kit-n-kiboodle.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 03:22:29 AM »
Mine eyes have seen the dragonfly and they overflow with lust for conversions.  The new cobra jet is most wicked as well (and they are both the proper scale).  It doesn't help that it in many ways echos the now abandoned manta.

Sadly mine wallet is bare, the funds dedicated to completing the 19th silents (the parts are finally on order).

The wife has cruelly (but wisely) placed us on a budget.

I've got a whole book full of other scenarios that is in my notebook at work-I'll start organizing them and spitting them out shortly.

As for being the king of modification, see my post on "with great power tools comes great responsibility"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 04:15:03 AM by Veez »
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 05:18:54 AM »
.........The wife has cruelly (but wisely) placed us on a budget......

Budget - We don't want no stinking budget  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 05:16:37 PM »
i too am on this "budget"of which you speak. it sucks-in the last 3 months i have shelled out about 2500 in car repairs!!! GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!friggin cars...thay COULD make one that wont break down,but...(grumbles unintelligibly about the automotive industry and its plan to rob americans of their savings accounts.....
games workshop: the ultimate evil megacorp!