Author Topic: Net Fling'n Troll  (Read 3905 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Net Fling'n Troll
« on: September 13, 2006, 08:26:40 AM »
     Yes, once again I'm stumped!!  Say my big bad Troll ( I named him Ayatrolla Killmany) flings his net and hits.  Now the target makes his armour save to see if he's caught, are there any modifiers against this roll(armour)?  I know there is a break roll allowed(net str=10).  If there is no modifier then the net doesn't seem that useful to me.  Also, what about the size of the model, shouldn't there be a modifier?  It would seem to me that bigger models would be less likely to be affected by a net.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Net Fling'n Troll
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 11:27:56 AM »
I'm hoping Coil, Southpaw or Topkick sees this and answers every angle of it.  I don't play Blackbloods, I typically play against them, but as I am working on a Troll model right now, I read the net rules, and I too don't know how it all works.  Good question DogOWar! 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 12:47:49 PM »
It's DAM 10 for the purpose of the AR save (I'm pretty sure but you never know ...). The size of the target does not matter.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
     Thanks Coil, that is what I always assumed it would be ,but I haven't played the Blackbloods in about 6 or 7 years and I never used that troll anyway.  I checked the 1st edition and it says the same as the 2nd, in other words nothing.  Now that I have blackbloods again I thought of trying him(net troll) out and wanted to make sure of the mechanics of him.  Now that being said, I'm pretty darn sure the first time my troll goes fish'n and nets him a war totem(sweet!), a chariot(awsome!), or a Soul Flayer(cha ching!!!) and begins to pummel the crap out of them that my opponent is going to start pitch'n a fit, and just wanted to be sure. On second thought maybe I should just shut up and be happy for my troll.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 07:12:46 AM »
Happy hunting DogOWar!  Thanks Coil, as ever.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA