Author Topic: Spammers  (Read 75862 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Spammers
« on: August 26, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »
It seems we have been getting a bunch of spammers recently. As soon as I see them I delete the threads. If you see a thread click on the the report to Moderator thread and an e-mail will be sent to Wedge and me and whoever sees it first will nuke the thread.

/Andreas

Wedge

Re: Spammers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:09:37 AM »
Yes indeed, I have nuke two myself.  Please send email or PM to myself or Coil and we will take care of that kind of crap straight away!

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 11:10:49 PM »
We've had a couple of more spammers posting here the last couple of days. If you see a post that you think is a spammer or something else you think needs the attention of a mod use the Report to Moderator link on the bottom right of the post.

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 03:36:27 AM »
It seems the report to mod button doesn't work at the moment, at least not for me since I haven't gotten any e-mails lately.

Wedge, do you get them?

I've increased my surveillance and have nuked a bunch of spam threads lately. But if you see one send me a PM.

Most important though is not to click on any links in the messages.

/The Mod

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 06:11:58 AM »
I've reported several and then after reporting them they go away and come back. Not sure what is going on but I'll keep hitting the Mod Signal  :D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Wedge

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 07:54:57 AM »
I have deleted a ton of them lately.  Maybe I am just beating you to some of them Coil.  I get emails at my home email address whenever someone hits the report to moderator button so I know it is working.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 03:19:49 PM by Wedge »

Wedge

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 03:22:02 PM »
Also, as a notice to those who report the spam.  Thank you for being vigilant and detecting these right away. 

However, I would ask that once it is reported please refrain from replying to the post.  As a moderator I have to go in and delete each post one at a time... there isn't a KILL button that gets rid of it all.

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 03:26:12 PM »
Also, as a notice to those who report the spam.  Thank you for being vigilant and detecting these right away. 

However, I would ask that once it is reported please refrain from replying to the post.  As a moderator I have to go in and delete each post one at a time... there isn't a KILL button that gets rid of it all.

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

Will do - Sorry about that Wedge
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Wedge

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »
Disregard!  I am a moron!  Coil pointed this out... darn Swedes are always right.  There is a "remove topic" button for moderators that I did not see at the bottom.  I've been making this way to hard on myself.

In otherwords... relpy as much as you want to the spammers--I'm only going to remove it with a single click of a button now!  :)

Now I know...

And knowing is half the battle, Yo Joe!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 06:06:22 PM »
Oh Yeah - permission from a Mod to be a smart-alek.  ;D  Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus.  Hoody firggin Hoo  ;D

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 04:02:25 AM »
Weapons Hot!  Clear to open fire!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 11:18:59 AM »
Is there a way to make the 1st few posts by someone on this board "moderated", ie, they can post, but it doesnt actually hit the board until a moderator or other admin checks it 1st? There seems to have been a serious influx of spammers of late....

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 11:31:48 AM »
It's probably possible but we need Thom, Lance or Jon to set it up for us (or they need to give Wedge or me the access to do it).

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 03:41:16 AM »
than would slow things down, as no one could post new toppics directly.

I think to delete 2-3 spams per week is the lesser evil..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 04:16:55 AM »
Plus, they are a lot of fun to mock! ;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!