Author Topic: Goblin Lowdown  (Read 12609 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: Goblin Lowdown
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 07:26:01 PM »
Hey Josh,

At the moment, I'm playing House Helios.  I have 2 ohter buds that game with me( hope to have more soon).  One plays House of Crystal Lotus and the other has a large Firstborn army.  For this campaign  I want to play Elves vs. Firstborn.  I would like to tie several scenarios into a campaign, maybe even using campaign rules in 2nd edition.  I read your report on " Where Vultures Dare", I thought it was pretty cool not to mention imaginative.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 04:12:19 AM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                I'll start designing a campaign for me and my buds to play.  Damn, I got so excited I spilt my beer ( Mickey's), what a waste.   :'(      Any one have any scenario suggestions?  I was thinking of basing it in the Lands of Flame.     

easiest way to do it is play variations of the scenario in the main book at first. Mix in different enviroment effects and campaign rules. The enviromental rules, I always thought, were one of Warzone/Choronpia strongest features.
do this to get your feet wet and get your group really into playing.

write battle reports, talk lots of smack, have fun.

Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 08:17:16 AM »
masherking is right.  Start with the Desert Effects right out of the book.  Always make sure you have enough terrain set up to provide cover and tactical manoevering.  On a desert battlemat, a game really comes to life.

P.S. Where are you located?  It would be cool if you were in the Philly/NJ area--you'd find a few more players for your campaign. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 08:19:10 AM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA