Author Topic: Critical Hits with Templates  (Read 4274 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Critical Hits with Templates
« on: October 08, 2005, 07:54:29 PM »
When more than one target is hit with a template, and a critical hit is rolled, who takes the critical (+4 DM)?  I know that the actual target (model on which template is centered) takes +4 DM.  Do the other affected models, terrain and/or damageable stuff take the +4 DM as well?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
Re: Critical Hits with Templates
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 03:18:10 AM »
Copied from the FAQ:

Page 53: Critical Hits and Templates
Q: Page 53 states that if a natural 1 is rolled on a ranged attack, then the damage is increased by 4. What if this is in the form of an explosion template? Does everyone under the template get hit by the +4 attack? What if the damage has a multiplier? Does both saves have to be rolled under the increased damage?

A: Yes.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Critical Hits with Templates
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 12:21:37 PM »
This seems odd, to me.  I accept, and will play how the FAQ says to play it, but I think that it should be the actual target only.  Why should another model take the critical, when the weapon hit dead-on to the target model.  Does this mean that a structure (like a building, bridge, tree, etc.) takes a critical hit, even though the weapon was aimed elswhere?

I could see the target taking the critical, but any other affected model or terrain should just take a normal hit.  Further, this compounds my other question regarding Direct Placed Templates and how there is, currently, NO chance to fumble with these weapons, nor score a critical hit.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!