Author Topic: Ogre Heavy Infantry Question  (Read 9393 times)

Offline Jr_Boyd

Ogre Heavy Infantry Question
« on: August 21, 2015, 06:50:46 PM »
I was looking at my cards and the Ogre heavy infantry leader has a -1 DEF. Normally this accounts for the shield. All the Ogres in the unit have shields and nobody else has a -1 DEF.

So is the -1 for the Ogre leader only for the front like all shields or in this case he get it for 360 degrees because the shield is built into the AR like the rest of the unit and the -1 is for his fighting ability.

Thanks for the input.

Offline Horned God

Re: Ogre Heavy Infantry Question
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 07:24:49 PM »
Did you look at the errata? I'd have to get my book out, but it could be a typo. If that is the case, then the Ogres have a -1 DEF and the leader has -2 DEF.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 09:22:29 PM »
Yeah, I did look around and I did not see anything. -1 and -2 would make a lot more sense and be more inline with the rules. Since i am making the cards I wanted to make sure i got it correct. It is really funny how by making the cards I have a much clearer picture of what each model does and any irregularities jump out at you. After doing the Blackblood cards scimitar is code for do not use these - falchons are so much better. I always like the sword master models but now I know that not only do they have a weak attack they get to make it twice. Go Crimson Guard!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »
I think it's 0 and -1 for the leader.  Defensive mod is a derived stat from CC and AR.   I mapped out a graph with the CC on one axis and armor on the other for the whole book and found that the shield bonus is splashed on top of that.  A model with a +1 equipped with a shield becomes a 0 defensive mod.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »
Oh, well that makes sense - So with that my question changes then. Now the question is are the normal troops 0/+1 then for the Shield factor.  I think this was one of the real challenges for Chronopia there was so much math that bonuses and deductions that gave strategic advantages where missed by players. I have really learned a lot by crunching all the numbers and variables making the cards.

Thoughts?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 07:10:37 AM »
Some of the normal troops may have a penalty of +1 defensive mod because of their armor and CC values on the graph.  If they have a shield, then it goes back down to zero.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA