Author Topic: Anyone out there still playing UWZ rules--  (Read 13818 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Anyone out there still playing UWZ rules--
« on: January 30, 2015, 12:05:20 AM »
Or has everyone switched to the new Warzone?

Been quiet on here for a while, just thought I'd see what folks are up to.

D

Offline semai99

Re: Anyone out there still playing UWZ rules--
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:36:37 AM »
Our own group has done neither at the moment, still looking at the WZR rules not really had a proper game yet due to various commitments and me personally waiting ages to finally get my KS order to arrive, we will probably still play both but our tabletop time has been taken up by the wee little men in 10mm & 6mm games (Cav, DZC, Dirtside & FWC) and really bad news for me is Peter Pig has released a new version of "poor bloody infantry" which means that will be added to the list of game to try and fit in.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 10:04:45 AM »
havent played since last year
 I'm doing more boardgames these days
though last weekend I was gifted with the NEW warzone demo kit.
I figure at some point in the near future I'll give the new rules a spin.

I will say this about the new game, the models are sweet
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Spoon_Para

• Ganymede
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 02:07:50 AM »
I still play UWZ with my brother and GF - currently waging war in a three-faction Venusian campaign. There is also a community of guys playing UWZ in the Czech Republic.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
A lot of guys I know play infinity which borrows heavily from UWZ IMO.   Personally I don't love the system.   I keep trying to convert peeps but I get some whining about the inconsistency of the quality of some of the sculpts-- Esp early figs like the Venusian Rangers.  Still I find most games have a wonky fig or two. For my money, UWZ has the most flavor and is the best sim of a tactical futuristic wargame I've played to date.

Offline Spoon_Para

• Ganymede
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 06:28:37 AM »
A lot of guys I know play infinity which borrows heavily from UWZ IMO.   Personally I don't love the system.   I keep trying to convert peeps but I get some whining about the inconsistency of the quality of some of the sculpts-- Esp early figs like the Venusian Rangers.  Still I find most games have a wonky fig or two. For my money, UWZ has the most flavor and is the best sim of a tactical futuristic wargame I've played to date.

I totally agree....
for me Warzone (both 2nd edition and UWZ as systems and all miniatures) is a matter of the heart and NO other system beat it (from my point of view) yet.
I also secretly wish for a better salary so I have more free time to learn sculpting and resculpt the Venusian Rangers myself or have them sculpted profesionally and newly in line with 2nd edition bauhaus minis....oh wishes.... the same goes for some other figures and some that do not have own minis in UWZ yet (especially Imperial ones). I was also planning a free fan-made expansion book that would take place on terraformed Europa moon and would provide mostly Imperial units and some units for other corporations as well....but again....wishes.

Now I do not even have time to write tutorials and batreps for my Warzone website :( thanks to my crappy underpaid job that I created myself :D

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 02:38:38 PM »
Are you aware that there is a large community of WZR players in the Czech Republic and that Piece of Terrain have made Czech translation? We will make printed version soon too! :)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 06:59:49 PM »
I just made a complete A to Z UWZ weapon/equipment index.  Anyone who wants a copy PM me.

D

Offline Spoon_Para

• Ganymede
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 05:20:30 AM »
Rob: Not really a fan of WZR and not really in need of translation and though I am aware of the WZR community here in CR, I am sticking with UWZ with few figs adopted from WZR (especially monsters and robots where the scale is not such a big problem)  ;)

WarzoneD: you got PM ;)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 08:55:28 PM »
Yeah.  I agree.  Anyone develop any UWZ stats for the new Prodos Vehicles/Monsters/Robots?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:57:21 PM by warzoneD »