Author Topic: Mutant Chronicles Miniatures  (Read 14294 times)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Mutant Chronicles Miniatures
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:42:34 AM »
 Found these pictures posted on Francesco's site.The miniatures look good and the display is nice too.

http://www.solopergioco.net/portale/viewtopic.php?t=914

Offline mlnunn

Re: Mutant Chronicles Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 04:07:19 PM »
I played a Demo at Gen Con  it played OK the Figs look great, but were way to big to be of any use except in the gtame they are for.

M
You have never lived 'til you've almost died.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:29:44 PM »
Is this the FFG game that was supposed to be out 6 months ago and make us forget all about Warzone?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 06:46:10 PM »
Yeah right.

The figs look like nice toys....and I may pick a few up for playing with my son. I don't see any Wolfbanes there...and likely no Imperials, Mishimans, etc....
That (and the fact it's 54mm) really reduces my interest. The sculpts are nice. If they were 28mm I'd be drooling and champing at the bit.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:35:32 PM »
They just ain't doing it for me - the proportions just look wrong. On most the heads look too small and the weapons too flimsy for the bodies.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »
I'll have to take a look at it...I'm too much of a fan not to....*sigh*

I'm pretty fired up about the RPG. I don't like everything they're doing (changing Cybertronic), but there's a lot of good stuff going on too.
I really enjoyed running it before, so I'm looking forward to seeing the product.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 07:50:36 AM »
 The link has been updated with more pictures.
 The Mutant Chronicles movie does not seem to follow much of the Warzone Game types.The Mutants have blade limbs,which I find strange.The bits that I have seen look good so far though.If you dont take it as a Warzone film.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:53:27 AM »
i just saw the DooM film flash through my mind...

btw: i liked the ego-shooter fights in doom, but so few after that propaganda about the game-film......
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Rorik36

• Journeyman
  • Michigan Crusader
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 03:53:38 AM »
I thought the figs looked pretty good for pre-painted plastic.  I really like the Great Grey fig.

The game play isn't bad.  Using the standard Fantasy Flight colored die system.

The interesting thing is the starter.  You get all the cards and dice for the entire set.  So all you have to do is pick up a starter and use your old Warzone figures with the new rules and you are all set.  You still have to drop $30 on the starter, but that is your only investment.
---------------------------------------------------------
Rules are only useful to tell you what your opponent won't do. - Casey and Andy

Offline Toshiro

• Journeyman
    • Czech Warzone
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 03:59:15 AM »
It is not possible to use these miniatures together because of different scale! (new plastic MC and old warzone)

MC is in 54mm but warzone is 28mm. So the MC miniature is about twice bigger than warzone...

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 04:44:47 AM »
i think Rorik36 is suggesting to use WZ figs and FF rules.

apart from the possibility to do that,
may i suggest to just play UWZ, alone for the reason itīs UWZ and not play FF because they produced oversized wz guys?

for 30 $ you get ~15-30 WZ figs at ebay and with colord permanent markers the neccessary FF dies.
(there will surely be a FF rule-rip around? or someone who bought it and a digi-cam?)

@FF ruleset: how do you play with such small distances between the figs?
it looks like just grouping them and die roling. not much manover (sp?) or semi-strategy?

cuīs
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Rorik36

• Journeyman
  • Michigan Crusader
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 04:23:56 AM »
i think Rorik36 is suggesting to use WZ figs and FF rules.
Yep.  The scale of the figures doens't really matter when you are playing on a grid.

@FF ruleset: how do you play with such small distances between the figs?
it looks like just grouping them and die roling. not much manover (sp?) or semi-strategy?
It plays a lot like the water-downed wargames (Memoir 44 and Battlelore).  If you are looking for a full out battle, play UWZ.  If you are looking for a quick 1/2-1 hour fight use FF rules.  I just boils down to what you are interested in playing at the time. 
---------------------------------------------------------
Rules are only useful to tell you what your opponent won't do. - Casey and Andy

Offline Catinator

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 05:58:53 AM »
Might not bad for a short game but I'm not really impressed.

It is a different genre and I don't see the point why Warzone was "killed" for this game....

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 08:10:19 AM »
it wasnīt.  excelsior wasnīt good enough on the buisness-side (publication speed, support, money making) and presumely because this didnīt got the licence renewed

FF does this things.

Excuse me, but what are you smoking? Next time you go to Amsterdam give yourself a little time to come down from your high before you type. All FFG has proven is that a company that is bigger than Excelsior was cannot get the game out on time. Mutant Chronicles: the 54mm Abomination has been delayed at least 3 times. So where is the publication speed you say they have? It has continually been pushed back so the FFG could concentrate on other items. So where is this support you speak of? The movie is a disaster and FFG still hasn't made a dime off of Mutant Chronicles. So where is this money making capability you claim?

Excelsior may have had a small following but we were dedicated. All I see out of this is Karma in action. Paradox screwed Excelsior and now Paradox is getting the proverbial shaft. FFG is an innocent victim and their involvement insures Paradox more time in Karma hell.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »
Excuse me, but what are you smoking? Next time you go to Amsterdam give yourself a little time to come down from your high before you type.
topkick, it does not help to make your point to write such stuff.

Actually that was supposed to be humorous to take the sting out of my following remarks - guess my humor doesn't translate well.  ;)

i think it is clear that excelsior could not keep up with enough publication/support.
i am not saying that is because the ppl there where incompetent or something, but they could not (perhaps they were simply to few?)

This topic has been talked to death - I see no reason to speak ill of the people who are hosting this forum. But as you brought up their preceived shortcomings I merely compared and contrasted their track record to FFG's. I see little to no difference and since FFG is a bigger, more solid company than Excelsior was and I view that as a mark against FFG rather than Excelsior.

FFG may have pushed back the start of MC, but they felt strong enough to accept paradox conditions.
as we know from franchesco, these are quite tough.

So did Thom and Paradox never hinted that the rights were in danger of being lost til right at the end. I'm not knocking FFG as such but Paradox is in my opinion a bunch of lowlifes who deserve what they are getting.

i donīt see the delay as a weakness of FFG, but that they have the recources to wait and the management to shedule their priorities.

Then we will have to agree to disagree. The FFG rep came here and spouted a lot of crap that has not happened. For some reason though the same people who piled on Excelsior are givng FFG a free pass. If the players of Warzone as a whole had shown the same patience and understanding that FFG is getting then maybe Excelsior would still be around.

(publication speed was refering to support the game with follow up products (new minis, new armybooks, a magazin and such stuff)

Follow up products!!?? Don't you think FFG ought to get the game out at least before you praise their ability to come out with follow up products for it?  ::)

my assumed abilites to make money is not based upon the MC-revenue, but upon their courage to pick up the licence.

I fail to see how FFG taking the license after finding out that there was a dedicated following of the game -- Us -- shows courage. I see it more as chance to make a quick buck off of us because they think we are so desperate that we will accept a 54mm version in spite of the delays. They know the game has zero staying power as they plan to produce it and want to make a killing off the movie and collectible kiddie market. All I see is FFG adopting the Wizkids Marketing Plan. IF it isn't cancelled the game will go thru endless reprints as sets are retired. It's why I quit playing Wizkids games and why I will not start playing this one.

topkick, please donīt see any comment on excelsior as a flame on them.
itīs not.
their buisness was not the best, whatever reason (small staff, no funding,..)
their rules are still very good.
thats all i said, without any insult, i think

But that is not what you said. You said --

excelsior wasnīt good enough on the buisness-side (publication speed, support, money making) and presumely because this didnīt got the licence renewed

You do not know why they did not get the license renewed and saying someone wasn't good enough imparts a negative connotation. Guess we have to chalk this inadvertant snide remark up to your previously acknowledged problem with English as a second language?

As for my taking everything said against Excelsior as a flame that is an outright lie. I have even criticized them myself on occassion when I felt it warranted. The difference is I address specific problems when I do -- you just come in from left field and pop off with a generality that while it has elements of truth is said in a snide and demeaning way.

Some of the people here are old timers and some are relatively new. If you want to debate the whole history of Warzone/Chronopia I am up for it but stop sending out these snide little torpedos against Thom and the Excelsior crew.

A) You do not know any of the Excelsior crew to my knowledge, so you cannot speak to their intelligence, integrity, or business acumen with any degree of certainty and

B) Thom is providing us with this space to meet and discuss the game. While this does not mean that we have to be raging sycophants it should mean that we be respectful to them and their attempt to keep our games alive.